Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Back

I am finally back at updating the blog. It has been challenging to find time to do this with two babies, but I hope to do it more often. Thank you all for all of your texts, emails and comments. I really wish I could have gotten back to each and every one of you individually, but unfortunately haven't found the time. It really means a lot to both Billy and I to have such great friends and family that are so excited about our boys.

I would also like to say a huge THANK YOU to my sister Katie for updating the blog in my absence. She did an amazing job and I definitely appreciate all of her efforts. Because Weston was in the NICU she had to delay her trip to see the little guys, but luckily her and my dad are coming into town this weekend to get their first look at the boys. We are also very excited to show off the little guys to all of our friends in Boise, but need just a little more time to get settled in before we do so. We are all (including Jasper) still adjusting to our new lifestyle. Billy and I love being parents to pretty much the cutest babies ever. Of course I am a little bias, but really all of the NICU nurses agreed that Weston was super cute, and because they are identical I am drawing my own conclusions. We are also still adjusting to the lack of sleep and just when we think we have them on a good schedule, something happens. We are trying to cut ourselves some slack as I was thinking today that we haven't had even had both of them home for a week yet. And today marks the one week mark for Carson. Billy and I like to call him our "practice" baby as he came home before Weston. But it goes both ways, since Carson is bigger he is wearing all of their clothes first.

Billy and I would also like to say a huge thank you to both of our moms who did a ton for us since we have had the babies. They will also continue to do so for the next little bit. I don't know how anybody does this alone! We just got home from seeing our good friend Elizabeth who also happens to be the boys doctor. They both surpassed their birth weight (something they hope they do before they are two weeks old), which is great! Weston is 4 lbs 14 oz (he was 4 lbs 8 oz at birth) and Carson is 6 lbs 4 oz (he was 6 lbs 1 oz at birth). So far since there is a big enough difference in weight we have been able to tell them apart. But the day will soon come when they are a little closer. Haven't found any identifiable marks yet, but hopefully. Well, they should be waking up any minute so I better go, more pictures come in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment