Mandy and I
Twin Mamas Tracy, Mandy and Me (we met a little over a year ago at a twin class at St. Luke's)
Tracy and Jeff
Garrett and Mandy (parents to Taylor and Marissa the boys' girlfriends)And unfortunately I never got a picture with Billy and I together. Oh well, that is what happens when you are having way too much fun at your birthday party!
That's right, on Saturday I turned 29 years old. Last year on my birthday I defied bed rest and went to spaghetti factory, had an awesome meal, but got stared at by everyone because I was so huge. And I was only 32 weeks then! So this year since we have a lot to celebrate and so many great friends we hadn't seen in a while, we decided to do something fun. I definitely wanted to do a dinner, but wanted to be able to talk with everyone, and when you have large groups at a restaurant, it doesn't really lend itself to mingling. My coworker Lindsay told me about a birthday party she was going to attend that was in the private wine cellar at the Red Feather Lounge. The more I heard about this place the more it sounded PERFECT! I called in January and it was available on my birthday. It is this great little wine cellar where we had 14 people eating comfortably. There is was even leopard cushions! It worked out really well for the size of our group. When I first talked to the guy about planning this he said that they didn't charge a fee, but asked that you had at least 6 people. At that point I was really hoping to make that point. I couldn't believe all of the people that were able to come! I feel so blessed to have such great friends that worked really hard to be there and to make my birthday really special this year. Greg and Tiffany, Ryan and Elizabeth, Lexie and John, Kelsey and Dave, Mandy and Garrett, Tracy and Jeff, and Debb and Jeff I can't thank you guys enough for coming, I had a ton of fun getting to see all of you and catch up. And just to let you know most of the people attending have two kids, so it was no small feat for them to be there last night.
I also had another surprise for the evening, our nanny, Morgan, surprised me with a birthday cake! It was literally the most beautiful and yummy cake I have ever had for my birthday (no offense mom, but Morgan is a professional)! It was a chocolate cake (amazing) with purple frosting and white flowers. It was almost too perfect to eat! I also want to thank Billy for making my birthday so special. He let me take a nap (heaven) so I would be ready to go for the party. It felt amazing to put in my ear plugs (yes, our house isn't huge) and just relax. Billy also was very sweet and dropped me off outside the restaurant while he parked the car and drove me home so that I could indulge in some great wine. He also let me sleep in a little this morning and got up with the boys. I just told him a couple minutes ago that I wish every weekend was my birthday. As the boys get older and the weather gets nicer we really do have high hopes to be more social.


I'm so happy you had a fabulous birthday with such wonderful friends! Sounds like a blast. T-4 days until I get to see you and my favorite little guys..so excited!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice birthday your friends gave you. When I looked at the pictures of those who attended I figured that 9 babies were born to those couples since your last birthday, including three sets of twins. So happy that Morgan made you such a beautiful cake. You are so luckily to have such good people in your life.
ReplyDeleteAlyson,
ReplyDeleteThat sounds wonderful! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday! You definitely deserve it :)