So apparently I always wear this dress on picture day?
The Baby Jogger City Mini stroller, Jasper looks thrilled
31 Weeks
Jasper stole my birthday socks right off the table, he looks kind of guiltySo today we are now 32 weeks! Woo hoo! Apparently this is a huge milestone with twins. Although if they were born today they would basically be totally fine, but would have to stay at the hospital for about a month. So still not exactly ideal, so we will work on keeping them in for another four weeks. Our appointment last week at 31 weeks went really well. We were able to see our actual doctor (sometimes he is not in the office and we have to see one of his partners) and talk all about my contractions, etc. He gave me some additional medication to take at night and gave me the okay to go in the hot tub in order to try to relax. So that has been amazing! I feel much better as the hot tub helps calm me down (creating less contractions) and helps my aching body relax a little. Since I do nothing all day I really don't have a ton of aches and pains. I attribute this to the wonderful recliner I have. Don't think I would be that comfortable having to basically lay down all day without it.
Other noteworthy news is that I turned 28 on Friday, the 19th. It is amazing how your perspective changes when you are on bed rest and pregnant with twins. I actually a great birthday (based on my current situation). Billy was very sweet and took me to Babies R Us to get some last minute things (he tried to get me to sit in a wheel chair but I wouldn't, come on, it was my birthday), and then on to The Baby Daily to pick up our stroller that we ordered back in December. Oh, and of course I can't forget stopping by Coldstone for my free ice cream. Billy was super sweet and upgraded to the bigger size for me. He also was a little scared when they told him they didn't have banana ice cream (the only ice cream I will eat there), he convinced them that was not okay, so they mixed up some sweet cream with some real bananas and it tasted pretty similar. Needless to say I polished it off before our 15 minute drive was over, with some help from Billy of course. And the day would not be complete without dinner at Spaghetti Factory. It felt so good to get out like a normal person. We had a great dinner and contrary to what I told people earlier, I didn't order a second entree to take home. I actually ordered an appetizer instead and still had leftovers. Man, I love Spaghetti Factory. People did stare at me a little at the restaurant. I am kind of a sight as I pretty much look full term. They were probably thinking they didn't want their dinner ruined by me going into labor. Also on Sunday we were so lucky to have my good friend Kim bring us over dinner. Poor Billy has been doing everything around the house, so it was wonderful he didn't have to cook dinner for a couple nights. The chicken lasagna was amazing and has provided many good lunches as well. Thanks Kim!
And today we had our 32 week appointment and growth ultrasound. I didn't mention it above, but at our last appointment (31 weeks), we discovered that Baby B was again in the breech position. This was a total surprise because we didn't think there was enough room in there to completely flip around. But somehow he did. We were very happy to discover this week that he had again flipped and is now head down. This is wonderful news to us because if they are both head down we won't have to have a c-section. So I better start reading my birthing books again (I may have subconsciously not read as much as I should have last week). Baby A is measuring just a little ahead of my due date and is around 4 1/2 pounds, while Baby B is measuring just a little behind my due date and is around 3 3/4 pounds. Both growing as they should at this point. That is too crazy, I have over 8 pounds of baby in me already with four more weeks to go. Also at the appointment my blood pressure was high and they thought I might have preeclampsia. My blood work came back relatively normal, but we are still waiting on one more test. So even if I don't have it today, it doesn't mean I still won't develop it sometime in the next 4 weeks. Hopefully this does not happen as apparently they told me I would have to live in the hospital. That makes bed rest at home sound wonderful. So that is all for the update, I will try to update the blog a little more often, but it isn't the easier to use my computer still.

No comments:
Post a Comment