Wednesday, March 17, 2010

35 Weeks - Almost There!

My photographer was working, so I had to do a self portrait
Last Saturday we got some snow, but then it melted by the afternoon

I know I say this at the beginning of each post, but wow, I can’t believe we made it to 35 weeks! And in my defense I don’t think our doctor and nurses necessarily thought we would make it this far either. We had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday and everything looked good. The babies pasted their non stress test, their fluid levels looks good, and my blood pressure remains unchanged (i.e. it is not great, but hasn’t gone any higher). So I talked with the doctor about the plan, since two weeks ago when we talked he wasn’t overly optimistic I would make it to Tuesday. So the plan is to keep monitoring the preeclampsia very closely and if there are any changes in that, the babies could come any time in the next week. If we just keep plugging along like we have been, then on Tuesday we will have a growth ultrasound to see how big the babies are, do another non stress test, and then an amnio to see if the babies lungs are mature. If their lungs are mature we will go ahead and deliver the babies. I now realize that when I was talking to the doctor I didn’t specifically ask what that meant, whether it would be that day or the next. But I am sure one of the two. If the test shows that the babies lungs are not mature, but everything else looks good, we will leave them in. So we are basically planning on having babies on either the 23rd or 24th. So about 1 more week or less, just depending on how things go. We are really excited that we get to meet the babies and that we have made it this far. Our goal this entire pregnancy has been to have healthy babies that didn’t have to spend time in the NICU and that we can take home with us when we leave the hospital. We think that we have hopefully gotten to that point. I mean, even with a full term singleton there are never any guarantees, but at this point we feel we have significantly reduced the risks. Please be thinking of us next week as we will most likely be having our babies. And also keep checking the blog for updates, as I mentioned before my sister will be updating it for everyone while we are in the hospital.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have to do it all. Be on bedrest and be your own photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazying Alyson! Can't wait to meet those sweet baby boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done such a great job Aly - and I can't believe the little guys will finally be here SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete