Friday, April 1, 2011

Big 1 Year Old Boys!


Carson and Weston enjoying their sheriff badge cakes made by their nanny Morgan


The AMAZING cake made by Morgan


Family pic, it was a little bright out on the deck, we are ALL squinting


The boys got to swim at the Holiday Inn before their party, they showed off their swimming skills


Singing Happy Birthday to Carson, each boy got their own song


And 6 minutes later, Happy Birthday to Weston (just kidding we didn't wait that long)


Yeah, we survived the first year!


Carson enjoying his cake


Weston got cake EVERYWHERE


Carson LOVED his balloons!


Weston loves to be thrown in the air


The boys sporting their western wear (including their Heyer belts that Grandma Bookey got them in San Antonio, Texas before they were born)


Twin Friends, Mandy, Marissa (hope I got that right), Garrett & Taylor (T&M celebrated their 1st birthday 8 days before the boys)


Morgan and her "squirly birds"


The boys were lucky to have their Heyer Great Grandparents in attendance (Great Grandpa Heyer's middle name is Rex, just like Weston's! Weston asked him if he had a shirt that says "Rexelent," which sadly he did not


The boys also got to see their Bookey Great Grandparents, how lucky the boys were to have all of their Great Grandparents in attendance!


Carson and Weston turned 1 on Sunday, March 27th! I can 't believe my babies are already 1! It is really crazy how fast time flies. We decided to have the party on their actual birthday which was a Sunday. The boys were so blessed to have so many family members that were able to make it to their party. All of their Great Grandparents, Grandparents and also Aunt Katie. What lucky little guys!

C&W told me that they wanted a western-themed birthday party. They also said they wanted to offer Doodle rides, but we had to draw the line somewhere. We had western invitations including the phrase "Saddle Up." We served pulled pork sliders, bakes beans (thanks Gramie Velda), and coleslaw. We also had the most amazing cake made by our nanny, Morgan. She made each boy a sheriff badge cake with their names on them. The large cake for everyone is pictured above and had awesome bandanna print around the side. The best part about the cakes was that they not only looked amazing, but also tasted delicious! The boys wore navy button up shirts with stars on them, jeans and western belts with Heyer on the back. My mom got those belts in San Antonio while visiting my godmother Debbie before the boys were born. I also got them these really cute tan onesies with a bandanna and sheriff badge on them (pictured above). They were pretty handsome little fellers!


I spent most of the time before their party working on a dvd with pictures and videos to music. It was great to go back through everything and see how little they were and how far they have come. I showed the main one at their party, but I also put together a couple other slide shows, one with all of Billy's cell phone pictures and one with the "best of C&W." Thanks so much Mandy for the song recommendations! I would like to personally thank everyone who was able to celebrate with us. In no specific order, a BIG thank you to Lex, Velda, Vera, Royal, Jeanne, Vince, Sherrill, Dennis, Katie, Mandy, Garrett, Taylor, Marissa, Rachelle, Bill, Charlie, Kelsey, Henry, Greg, Tiffany, Molly, Gracie, Ryan, Elizabeth, Noah, Alex, Gina, and Morgan!


And here's to the next year with our boys!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the Birthday update. It was a fun party for two amazing little guys. We are enjoying the DVD, you have your Dad's skills. You and Billy have raised two wonderful one year olds. I enjoy them so much when I am with them, and miss them terribly when I am gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and fab party you threw! We were so happy to attend and had such a great time. Congrats on surviving the first year with twins. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. We will have to start planning the secret double wedding for the twins at some point...hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a great party it was!! We enjoyed being with the little guys and all their little friends...yours too!! A wonderful day!! You and Billy are doing a great job!! Papa and I sure enjoy your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these pictures. You guys threw such an amazing party I'm so glad I was able to be there for it!

    ReplyDelete