Monday, October 12, 2009

13 Week Ultrasound
































October 12, 2009 - Today I went in for a 13 week ultrasound. It had been 4 weeks since I last saw the babies, so I was pretty excited and had been counting down the days for the past week. One of the things we were hoping to figure out was if the babies had a dividing membrane in their sack. It is very rare there is not one, but very dangerous as the babies can free float and get tangled in each others umbilical cord. We were very fortunate to be able to see a very clear membrane separating the twins. The ultrasound tech said that the membrane was on the thin side, which would indicate an increased chance that they are identical. Baby B (Billy's Baby) was moving around a ton during the first part of the ultrasound. He/She will be a mover and a shaker just like their dad! Baby A laid there very still until the end when after all of the prodding with the ultrasound he/she woke up and started kicking (possibly Baby B, it was kind of hard to tell). I also got to listen to each of their heart beats for the first time which was pretty neat. That babies both check out measuring right at 13 weeks and their heart beats looked great. We have another ultrasound scheduled on Thursday because we are going to now be seen by a high risk OB. We just decided that since we are having twins we wanted someone with a little more experience in this area. So look for more pictures later this week.

So because we are now successfully in the second trimester we are now sharing our wonderful news with everyone. Billy and I were both able to tell our coworkers which was really fun. Most of mine replied that they definitely had a suspicion. I guess my big shirts didn't work as well as I thought :) We are now looking forward to telling more friends and extended family in the weeks to come. Also by popular demand I included a picture of myself in front of a solid wall. Hopefully you can see the bump a little better. I am seriously growing every single day. Good think Brandi sent me some belly butter, I use it every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment